Not everyone wants to commit to making a gift in their wills or estates. Some prefer the increased flexibility that a beneficiary designation provides by using:
- IRAs and retirement plans
- Life insurance policies
- Commercial annuities
It only takes three simple steps to make this type of gift. Here's how to name the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth as a beneficiary:
- Contact your retirement plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution for a change-of-beneficiary form.
- Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like us to receive and name us, along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution.
- Contact Patricia C. Butterfield at (603) 653-0755 or Patricia.C.Butterfield@hitchcock.org for additional information on beneficiary designations and how they can help support the Geisel School with our mission.
- Talk to your financial or legal advisor to learn which assets will or will not trigger taxable income when paid to a beneficiary.
- If you name the Geisel School in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
Address: One Medical Center Drive Lebanon, NH 03756
Federal Tax ID Number: 02-0222111
Are You Prepared for the Future?
Create a secure future for you and your loved ones with our FREE Personal Estate Planning Kit.Download My FREE Kit
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in examples are for illustrative purposes only. References to tax rates include federal taxes only and are subject to change. State law may further impact your individual results. Annuities are subject to regulation by the State of California. Payments under such agreements, however, are not protected or otherwise guaranteed by any government agency or the California Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Association. A charitable gift annuity is not regulated by the Oklahoma Insurance Department and is not protected by a guaranty association affiliated with the Oklahoma Insurance Department. Charitable gift annuities are not regulated by and are not under the jurisdiction of the South Dakota Division of Insurance.